Pupil Premium Grant
What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to:
- Raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential.
- To support children and young people of parents who are in the regular armed forces.
The allocations for 2017/2018 are:
- Pupils in Reception to Year 6 recorded as Ever 6 FSM (Free School Meals) - £1320
- Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by an English local authority - £1900
- Pupils in year groups Reception to year 11 recorded as Ever 6 Service Child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence - £300
Our PPG for 2017/2018 is £58,000 click below to see our Pupil Premium Strategy for 2017-2018.
The key barriers to learning for children in receipt of the PPG in our school have been identified as:
- A lack of evidence based interventions to close progress gaps in KS2
- Large mixed ages classes in KS2
- A widening gap in EYFS for 2016-2017 - There was no gap in 2015-2016
- A significant gap in maths progress in KS2
- Support at home with reading and homework
Click on the link below to find out how we plan to spend our PPG to tackle these barriers in our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement.
High Achievement Review (Pupil Premium Review) March 2018
We have recently had a High Achievement Review undertaken by Mrs Liz Bramley, a Head Teacher, National Leader of Education and Pupil Premium reviewer. The review was to support the school in evaluating current provision and to make recommendations to further improve our outcomes for our disadvantaged learners. Click on the link below to read the report.